Teaching and Learning Principles at Yale Primary School
- Provide a safe, happy, inclusive learning environment.
- Encourage and support risk taking.
- Offer learning experiences that connect with and challenge existing skills and values.
- Practice and model constructive, timely feedback.
- Integrate critical and creative thinking in teaching and learning programs
- Participate in goal setting and encourage action and reflection.
- Implement a balance of cooperative, group, partner and individual learning opportunities.
- Offer relevant learning experiences connecting to real life situations.
- Promote self-confident, motivated learners through inquiry and active participation in challenging and engaging experiences.
- Provide opportunities for students to achieve their full potential.
- Make early identification of SAER, EALD and TAGS students.
- Provide professional learning for all staff to ensure delivery of innovative teaching practice.
- Develop positive relationships with the community stakeholders to assist in developing positive learning programs.
- Link parents and families to appropriate community services.
error: Content is protected !!