The Yale Primary School Council enables the participation of parents and staff in the formulation of a school’s educational objectives and priorities. Yale has a Committee consisting of parents, P & C members and school staff. Membership is by election.
School councils – take part in:
- establishing and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- the planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- evaluating the school’s performance in achieving them; and formulating codes of conduct for students at the school.
- determine, in consulation with students, their parents and staff a dress code for students when they are attending or representing the school.
- Promote the school in the community.
- Comply with written directions that the Deputy Director General, Schools may give to a council with respect to the performance of its functions.
View further information about School Council/Board requirements at the Department of Education website.